2019 will be NOISE’s 11th season. We’re proud to be Madison’s top-level, nationally competitive mixed team. We will continue our work from 2018 of building a team culture of accountability, trust, and compassion because we believe that by establishing and playing within this culture, we will put ourselves in the best possible position to win games and be proud of our team everyone on it.
This year NOISE will be a part of the Top Select Flight and look to compete at the highest level and the most competitive national tournaments. Listen (Look) for us during the 2019 Triple Crown Tour as we enter our second decade as Madison’s top mixed team.
There are several opportunities to try
out for NOISE in 2019!
- Preseason Goalty/Mini/open scrimmages:
- April 13th 10am Ubay
- NOISE Open Scrimmage: May 4th, 2019, 2-4pm University Bay Fields (north)
- Madison Mixed Combine: May 5th, 2019, 10am-2pm @North Star Park
- Register Here $5 ahead of time, $10 day of.
- NOISE Invite Scrimmage: May 12th, 2019 2-4pm University Bay Fields (north)
- NOISE Invite tryout: May 18th, 2019 9am-1pm University Bay Fields (north)
- First Practice: June 2nd, 2019 3-7pm University Bay Fields (north)
To be considered for the team you must attend one or both of the Madison Mixed Combine and our NOISE Tryouts. If you are unable to attend both of these events, please contact NOISEcaptains@gmail.com to let us know about your situation.
If you are interested in the team this year, please fill out the NOISE Ultimate interest Form 2019. It will help with planning and we can keep you updated about additional opportunities to play this spring.
- Earn our bid. Take our bid. Go to Nationals.
- Being serious without taking ourselves too seriously — promoting a high level of competition without sacrificing fun and spirit of the game
- Supporting equity and inclusion on our team and throughout the broader community
Expectations from leadership:
- High level of communication and transparency on playing time, position, and how to change those (if you want)
- Understanding that people are motivated differently, and responding in a constructive way
- Being organized, communicative, and prepared for the season, practices, and tournaments
Expectations from teammates
- Being committed to the process of getting better as individuals and as a team, putting in the work to be ready for practice and tournaments
- Making NOISE practices and tournaments a top frisbee priority
- Taking care of yourself – physically and mentally – throughout the whole season
- Unrelenting positivity – at practice, on the sidelines, lots of high fives, all the time
Nationals 2017 Photo Gallery
US Open 2017 Photo Gallery